Thursday, August 28, 2008

FO! My first sock EVER!

Look at that baby! Jitterbug in Sweetdreams is beautiful and I'd knit with it again in a heartbeat (which is good, since I've got two feet...) I snapped a picture of her taking a nap on my bed after a long and arduous stay on my needles.

Here she is after a nap, simply reclining in bed and smiling for the camera. She looks well-rested and ready for a mate, doesn't she?


And this. Her best angle, taken on the couch as she gets ready to see if the Ravelry Logo totes are back in stock yet (they're not). Look at that toe (and what appears to be an awesome kitchener [from this angle], if i do say so myself)! What beauty! What pizzaz! Note: Yes, I'm pretty sure I'm smitten. And slightly off my rocker.
Things I've learned while knitting my first sock:
-I knit tight. Super tight. I broke two Sox Stix during the course of this sock. Not good. Those things ain't cheap.
-I cannot have a conversation, watch television or breathe while doing anything other than simple knit rounds. The lack of concentration led to numerous starts to the ribbing and several dropped (then picked up) stitches further along the sock.
-Kitchener only sounds complicated. In practice, it's actually quite easy and beautiful. 'Course, maybe that was knowing that there were less than ten stitches left to my first sock.
In other news, ordered some stuff from KnitPicks last night. I want to try their harmony DPN's...if they're good, they're a heck of a lot cheaper than Lantern Moon's Sox Stix. I love the Sox Stix, but 25 bucks is kind of pushing it, budget-wise. Especially when I know I can buy a skein of Jitterbug for that. I also got a pair of their metal DPN's, some wool wash, a small gift for my Favorite things swap partner (whoever that may be), and some brown sock yarn. I want to give their stuff a try; it's certainly more affordable for my money situation right now. I shall post a review when I receive the package.
Wow. This turned into an awfully long post. If you're still reading and not bored to tears...thanks!

No comments: